“Liebster is a German word that means dearest, and this award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think deserves more recognition.”
I am so incredibly thankful to be nominated and very much appreciate the time and effort that my nominator (is that a word??? “The Nominator. I’ll be back.”) puts into our constant emails – literally essay length quite regularly. Her blog is definitely worth a read so please do pop over and have a browse!
Anyway, I was nominated by the lovely Peach Cordial, and I had decided that I need to get this up on the net STAT. So five days later I’m finally posting my response… That’s quick for me!
I also love the idea of finding more about bloggers this way.
Here are the rules:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
- Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
- Go to each of the blogger’s pages to let them know about their nomination
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by mentioning them and link back to their blog
11 Random Facts about me:
- I am most definitely CDO – Compulsive Disorder Obsessive. Figure it out.
- I am a marketer’s dream – if I see X ad on TV, moments later I will say “ooh I feel like X” without even realizing I’m doing it. Adam points it out all the time. Brainwashed just like Josie & the Pussycats.
- I can’t STAND the theme song to Home & Away – it makes my nose feel like Styrofoam. Or like I have a sneeze stuck in my head for those without as much imagination as myself.
- I have to sleep with an eye pillow or else be VERY tired to get to sleep.
- I have pudgy baby hands.
- I have a secret that I was only allowed to tell ONE person about. We’ve both still to this day kept it. Pretty proud about that!
- I actually enjoy being quite pale as opposed to tan.
- I used to never wear rings but now I wear six over two fingers daily.
- Sometimes I get into a little mental rut and find myself “writing” one word over and over and over again with my finger onto another finger.
- The first time I properly “made out” with a boy, I stuck my tongue in his nose. In my defense, it was accidental – and it was dark & I had no idea what I was doing nor had I done any research hahahaha. I was almost 13.
- I type at 88wpm with 99% accuracy – that’s not how fast I type stuff I want to type, just stuff I have to… like for work.
Questions for me & my answers:
ONE. Do you have a signature scent/perfume and if so, is there an interesting story behind it? It is very quickly becoming Beyonce’s Heat perfume. I get ALL the compliments when I wear it! A lot of guys want to buy it for the females in their life.
TWO. If I were to buy you a drink, what would it be? A Cactus Jack’s Kahlua Marguerita. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Non-alcoholic is a Dare Mocha.
THREE. What was your dream job growing up? The band manager or tour manager for big events and festivals or band world tours.
FOUR. What talent do you wish you had? Mind reading. Or super sonic speed.
FIVE. What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Baskin & Robbins’ Hokey Pokey.
SIX. What do you do to relax after a busy day? Read a book or have a long shower. Or go and watch a movie with my man. Sometimes I’ll visit cinemas solo too.
SEVEN. Name three things you regret doing. Getting credit cards when I had a house mortgage. Not getting to go to my Nana and my Godmum’s funerals. Cutting my hair in grade ten at boarding school, to chin length (ew).
EIGHT. What are the top 5 most played songs on your music player?
1] Love Is All I Got, Feed Me & Crystal Fighters.
2] When I Was Young, Blink 182.
3] What You Need, Flume.
4] Get Lucky, Daft Punk & Pharrell Williams.
5] Royals, Lorde.
NINE. What are you afraid of most? Dying, snakes, losing my loved ones.
TEN. What five people would you want with you in an apocalypse? My boyfriend Adam; Chuck Norris; Beyonce; my mum & my dad.
ELEVEN. What are some goofy rituals you and/or your friends have? ETA: Just realized I didn’t answer this question! Our main goofy ritual would be the saying “two dollar sucky, sucky!?” when we roll up next to each other at intersections.
My nominees (a small selection of the lovely ladies I follow in no particular order but whom I have no idea the number of followers they have in order to qualify):
- Natalie from The Mustard Jumper
- Jess from The Belle Lumiere
- Chels from Confessions of a Beauty Addict
- M from A Minute Away From Snowing
- Jen from Mallhaciel
- Ange from [Beauty] Blogged
- Emma from Emma Bovary Beauty
- Liz from My Foxy Corner
- Kimberley from Hopeful Aspirations
PS – I hope I haven’t already nominated previous nominees?
Questions for my nominees:
- What was your first beauty product you can remember?
- If you could choose how the world ends, what would you choose?
- What is your best organizational tip?
- If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
- Have you ever been on TV?
- What animal would you choose as your “totem animal”?
- If you could have sex with any superhero, who would you choose and why?
- Can you fake any accents?
- What is the first thing you can remember of me?
- Choose one sense and one sense only. That’s it for the rest of your life.
- Rollercoasters, yay or nay?
To be honest I freaked when I saw “Liebster”… I thought this was some kind of Justin Bieber fandom thing and was terribly sad at the thought of having to cease all communications with Peach Cordial immediately. I’m so pleased that won’t have to happen now.
Hope everyone has a nice Anzac Day!