At the end of every work week (or weekend, if I’m having a busy one) my handbag screams for a clean out – and being the organizational freak I can be, I cannot ignore it. Since doing this #lippyaday challenge (see @norlinm) on Instagram I am trying to avoid doubling up and using the same lip products AT ALL. So when Friday comes around, my handbag line up looks like this…
1. Chanel Rouge Allure in #94 Exatique. I initially hated this blue-tone pink with slight shimmer, but it grew on me. It’s my fave for putting a slight dab of pink on my lips in the morning, then really slam it on after the coffee has kicked in. The click-in-click-out bullet design wasn’t what I was hoping for initially and I do prefer Coco Shine as I find this one is a bit more drying than I’d like, but it is a fun colour. You can pick these up at Cosmetics Now (great site, I recommend) for $37.95AUD or at your local Chanel counter.
2. Lancome Rouge In Love 240M Rose En Deshabille. I’m pretty sure I bought this one about five months ago, just before I started this job as it was bought to ensure I had an office-appropriate shade (previously I wore whatever bright stuff I liked) for my interview and start date. $27.95AUD at Cosmetics Now or at your local Lancome counter.
3. MAC Sheen Supreme in Asian Flower. I saw this colour on someone in the makeup world and HAD to have it. I absolutely love the bullet design compared to the usual MAC lippy and this lipstick looks more fuchsia/pink on my lips than the lilac swatch on my arm. Sadly I couldn’t find it anywhere in Sydney on my September 2012 trip so when I got home I ordered it online from EvilBay. I don’t have a local MAC counter sadly, but maybe yours has this in stock.
4. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. This baby is amazing! Chels from Confessions of a Beauty Addict got me onto them, and my collection is almost as big as my Chubby Stick stash (see below) nowadays. The minty freshness and long-lasting moisturizing stain make this an easy to reach for item in my lip wardrobe. I’m looking forward to obtaining Rendezvous (bright orange) from the States and then I think I’ll be satisfied. About $17.95 from your local Priceline.
5. Clinique Chubby Stick in #06 Woppin’ Watermelon. This was my first Chubby stick and I bought it from my local Clinique counter for around $38AUD. When I first went blonde a la Emma Stone, I had no bright pink lippy to use and felt that I was missing something to go blonde without it, this was the perfect shade. I’ve since purchased multiple Chubby sticks from Nordstrom online using my USA Ship It To address, and they’re a mere $16.39AUD using that avenue, I doubt I’ll ever buy these from Australia unless there’s a significant price drop. I prefer these when going out, to the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, as they are fun to reapply and feel creamier on the lips. I’m desperate to try out the Intense Chubby sticks and the Eye Tint sticks as well, so a friend visiting the States is checking them out for me.
6. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain in #12 Corail Fauve. I love these. I have two now, my other one is #7. This one I purchased from Nordstrom, again at a much cheaper rate than Australia – only $34.83AUD as opposed to $50AUD at Myer. I love the feel of these and whenever my partner refuses to kiss me because it looks like I’m wearing gloss, I simply say “relax honey, it’s the one that doesn’t come off!” haha, a win every time. I am interested to try out the new Loreal Caresse versions of these and see how they compare!
Well that’s that. It’s Monday now because I had a hectic and migraine-filled weekend, so enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you’re doing #lippyaday if I don’t already follow you on Instagram!