- #NoBuy rough guidelines: OK to buy deodorant (don’t want to smell) when required, and also will probably run out of toner (use softener instead unless you REALLY cannot get on board, then pick up some more toner or cleansing water), but do not need to buy pretty much anything else for this entire time. AT ALL. Except MAYBE serum… depends on skin and what I’ve got in samples, deluxe travel sized items etc. SEPHORA IN SYDNEY OPENING SOON. This should be incentive enough for me not to shop.
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fuchsia
1. I went and saw Begin Again last night based on Natalie’s review. Definitely a feel good earworm-filled movie that I’m going to watch again when it comes out on DVD. So many scenes that I keep remembering throughout the day that just make me want to duck into the cinema again.
2. I’m going to give tanning another go (fake, of course) due to an upcoming night out that require supper arm action.
3. Four items I’m going to repurchase next opportunity from my empties this month: Clinique Take the Day off Makeup remover for lids, lashes and lips, Shiseido Sun Protection Compact Foundation, Murad Clarifying Wipes for blemish-prone skin, and Skin79 Super Blemish Balm (Triple Function, Whitening, UV Protection SPF25 PA++, Wrinkle Improvement) BB cream.
4. I am unexpectedly going to be attending an awards night for work in Brisbane this coming Tuesday night, flying down in the morning and coming back Wednesday evening. Work is flying us down and as there was nothing planned for activities during the day, Adam is coming along also and we’re going to have a nice little 48 hour trip. Is there anywhere new and must-see in the Queen Street mall area?
5. I have the opportunity to Back2Mac my stash – perfect timing as the maximum they’ll do at any one time is 18 (and I’d jusst depotted my 19th item!) which equals three free lipsticks from their top 20 best sellers. I haven’t got Angel, Blankety, Creme Cup, Girl About Town, Hug Me, Lady Danger, Myth, Pretty Please, Ravishing, Snob, St Germain, Rebel, Russian Red, and Twig. I already own Creme d’nude, Morange, Syrup, Ruby Woo, Shy Girl and Vegas Volt, which are also in the top 20. So I now have to make choices. Any recommendations?
6. Chicken Twisties lately have been the bomb dot com. Have they changed the taste so they’re even better than usual?
7. Despite my online shopping extravaganza this past week (I shop when sad/lonely, which has basically been the last few days whilst Adam’s away sadface) at Netaporter, Sussan, Myer, Go To Skincare; I am now looking at ordering this Lemon Goats Milk Brush Cleanser, has anyone tried it? I disliked the solid Beauty Blender soap cleanser though…
8. This ad featuring Arnie made me giggle.
9. Having not had my brows tended to by anyone other than myself since September 2013, I’m quite excited to visit the Benefit Brow Bar in Brisbane City this coming Tuesday – I’ll be getting the full face wax since PCOS leaves me with an abundance of hairy friends, and they ain’t small.
10. I’ve been really into giving myself manicure-pedicures ever since using the Butter London Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat, and Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri Top Coat.
11. In addition to back2Mac, I’ll be trading in five LUSH black pots to get a free fresh face mask. Cupcake, here I come!
12. I finally cleaned out my wardrobe and funnily enough have only thrown out five or maybe six items. I don’t think I was harsh enough maybe as I still have approximately twenty pairs of pajama pants. I picked up a black hanging shelf as per Vivianna Does Makeup’s #wardrobeweek videos to store my work skirts (folded due to frequently using) and pajamas.
13. I hate how the media has grabbed onto #icebucketchallenge. Do people realise they can donate money anytime without getting ice water thrown onto them? Sorry people, I just hate the media how it does this.
1. July goals are really not my main focus, but the above is just my main goal.
2. Bacon and eggs for breakfast is just aces.
3. I absolutely love this endzone dancing as demonstrated by Jimmy and Justin. I saw it first over on Young House Love‘s grouting post (which I found really interesting actually haha). I saw this cute laundry hamper there too.
4. Just a little bit of house envy over at the Jones Design Company.
5. After reading a review on Meg Biram’s blog of the book Astonish Me, by Maggie Shipstead, I have just got to read it. This quote got me:
Harry (the son, dancer) asks Jacob (his father):
Harry — “How do you know if you’re in love?”
Jacob — “I think it’s different for different people, but the conventional wisdom is that when you’re around the person you’re in love with, you feel happy, more than happy—euphoric. And you want to be around that person all the time. You don’t notice the person’s faults. Some people say their hearts beat faster. They feel jittery. I think you know it when you feel it.”
6. Not obsessed, I swear.
7. I’m thinking of upgrading my Canon IXUS 130 to this vlogging camera that Anna & Jesse use… has anyone else had much experience with a camera that has wifi upload built in to it? Photo backup is my absolute necessity and I like that it can work with Android phones as I have a Samsung S4 4G.
8. NSFW, maybe? NSF people who don’t like reading same sex fiction about Marvel characters… anyway Stony makes me laugh out loud in an “awww-they’re so cute” way.
9. I have it on a good authority that Australia is getting the Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks. Is anyone else excited about the fact that for so long now there hasn’t been INDIFREAKINGVIDUAL eyeshadows able to be purchased and all of a sudden we will?
10. I tried googling “heyclaire filming setup and editing behind the scenes” to no avail. I may buy the microphone she uses just to make myself feel that’ll get me editing like her.
11. My mum gets back tomorrow night from Sydney/SE Queensland, my dad is MEANT to get back on Sunday or Tuesday from Papua New Guinea, my brother has just boarded his place today to go to the States (I only found out yesterday, we’re so close knit guyz), and my sister is in Sydney. I’m going to Sydney, Hunter Valley, and Newcastle in November for two weeks with Adam… but getting a bit of travel envy, I wonder why? *sarcasm*
12. I’m so excited for Avengers 2. To the front left next to Captain America is THOR in civilian clothes! Hawkeye isn’t a mindless zombie under Loki’s command! #fangirl
13. I wish everything online was “sign in with Google” so much easier when my dreaded quarterly password change comes about.
14. I’m feeling a bit excited for the movie Lucy, but feel it echoes that movie that came out with Bradley Cooper in it a while back? As in at first I thought it was a sequel.
15. I signed up for Hop Shop Go this past week and already I’m a lot happier than I was with Ship It To.
16. My two days off are now up, tomorrow starts the six days on portion of my fortnightly roster.
17. Has anyone got any Soundcloud recommendations?
Come six-degree temps in the kitchen, and three-degrees Celsius in the air outside the bedcovers, is Winter and his merry friends – the heater, the head coverings and the hot water tap!
Aside from avoiding leaky hot water bottles and impulse buying Tanda candles by the bucketload, I turn to more than just a hairy boyfriend to keep me happy at night. Here’s what’s been keeping me hydrated, cosy and snug in bed this cold season…
Lately, I had my first sip of alcohol in over two months, as well as my first ever polenta chips – oh my gosh they were heaven!
Lately, the most I have been seeing of the evening is just a tinge of sunset in the sky.
Lately, I’ve been seeing plenty of movies at the cinemas: A Million Ways to Die In The West, Malificent, 22 Jump Street, The Fault In Our Stars, and Xmen: Days of Future Past, as well as Blended, and How To Train Your Dragon 2. Edge of Tomorrow is next on my to-see list!
Lately, I’ve been really lazy for most everything.
Eat, sleep, movie, repeat.
Made with #Pixlr. Photo by me.
1. Organise an end of season night for work.
2. Start making plans for what I will need house-wise, room by room. Use Pinterest.
3. Eat clean, train mean – once housebound.
4. Wake up every AM at the same time.
5. Get another The Makeup Box Shop Au deluxe storage box for blushes, brows and all eyeshadows.
6. Phillipians 4:13.
7. Return books only. TBR shelf is 20+.
8. Polenta chips.
9. Help plan little sister’s hens night.
10. Book Sydney hotel for November trip.
11. No online shopping bar point five.
12. Use MaxFactor FaceFinity foundation every day.
13. Look for this outfit combination: a black maxidress with light denim cropped jacket.
14. Above all.. BE PATIENT.
1. This new NARS powder is…
a) Larger than I expected, it’s way bigger than the blush compacts.
b) Super duper awesome and I love it. Hello glow but not matte!
3. My skin has been playing up (thanks so much, hormones) and as a result I’ve been giving the new Estee Lauder Anti Blemish Serum a go… quite liking it although I do recommend a hydrating moisturiser (I’m using Jurlique’s new Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel lotion, due to my oilier skin) as it can be a bit drying however is definitely effective in smoothing out and getting rid of zits.
4. I managed to read in June a number of books that I owned, versus ones I hire from the library, and as a result I am very pleased with myself. Also, a lot of surfaces in my room are now quite clean and uncluttered since I boxed up most of my perfumes. I feel nice and fresh and ready to start the new financial year (c’monnnnn tax time!) – we even flipped the mattress yesterday!
6. This Saturday is the sixth anniversary of when Adam and I started dating. He’s basically too handsome for me to stop hanging around with him.
7. I’ve been looking into local photographers because I’m starting to think it’s a bigger deal than I thought, to know your local.
8. About whitewashing stuff (i.e. reading someone in a book that’s a person of colour but casting them as caucasian in the film).
9. I bit the bullet and ordered some items from Whitening Lightening (but not the teeth whitening stuff, because my dentist does it for a reasonable price that my private health insurance helps to cover) and am a bit excited about them arriving.
10. I’m still waiting for the slow readers who reserved City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare to hurry up and return the book to the library. I think there should be an order to reservations in terms of who reads it the fastest. Having a book returned in two days and read would be more efficient than making that person wait. Does this make sense and really I am just cheap (could buy it) and greedy (don’t want to buy it until I have bookshelves, so just going to hire it).
11. Tonight at Target I saw this Nivea Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon Lip Care balm. IN AN AUSTRALIAN TARGET. So excited I bought it straight away. WOOP WOOP! It’s said to be super fab on the lips and smell amazing. We will see. $3.99 and it’s yours!
12. The Beauty Club membership is currently accepting new members for June. Feel free to email me if you want a referral code.
13. Can I just say I received absolutely amazing customer service (and FANTASTIC products at amazing prices also) from Michael Johnson Hair? The stocktake sale is just bonkers and Mike is plain fricking awesome.
14. Tomorrow at work will be day four of seven before I get the weekened off. Feel free to distract me on twitter.
How you all doing?
1.a. Blake Lively, that is all.
1.b. Once this pot of coffee and container of diet cordial is finished (should be sometime in the next few days), I’m going all water and black tea, green preferably. I’m quaking in my boots already.
3. Today I woke up, grabbed coffee (see: point one, it’s going to be HARD!) and my protein shake, and settled in to watch Lily Pebbles’ “Then & Now” video. I think this is such a good idea for reflection, I find that we really only get it together more so as every year goes on. I know I for sure don’t look back on my teens and early 20’s and think “gees, I wish I was still 19 or 20, those were the good years”, I mean, sure they were fun times and we reminisce about them good and bad, but never want to go backwards. Then again I don’t feel like this is IT as of yet, and I think that every year is just going to get better. I’m only 25. Onwards and upwards.
4. I’ve got Orange is the New Black’s episodes queued up to watch this weekend when I declutter my cupboards (yes, the mess is still on the floor waiting to be sorted).
5. The girls over at A Beautiful Mess updated the kitchen in their studio, and it is gorgeous! I am mainly loving the idea to have a larger window installed as this is something I actually want to do one day in the house we’re in.
6. The moment Sephora hits our shores this December I am going to tear it up and send my sister in for some Formula X. Sounds like a drug, but it’s a nail polish range. I think I’m addicted already. Their instore swatching process is genius.
7. Also, on Youtube – a day in the life of Eva Chen. She is the Jenna to my Mustard.
8. During the week Google updated the Android version of Google Chrome (my fave internet browser for those of you who didn’t know), so that there is an “undo close tab” option. I am stoked, this is such a time saver as I too frequently have the ‘doh!’ moment.
9. I’m a bit excited that MaxFactor is bringing out their FaceFinity primer as just a primer, as the FaceFinity 3 in 1 Primer, Foundation and Concealer product is one of my favourite foundies, so much so I’m onto my second bottle of it.
10. I’m hoping to do a couple of the “Four or More” product posts. Hoping. Don’t hold your breath.
This week, while the State of Origin is on, I’m going to go and see Xmen with one of my friends and I’m stoked. It’s been a while. What are you getting up to this week?
The above photo gives me shower envy, I think it’s from Into The Gloss somewhere?
Anyway, How to Train Your Dragon 2 comes out in a few weeks.
I’m going to go and see the new Xmen as soon as I can.
I have two items in my MAC Cosmetics online shopping cart – the lipstick in Japanese Maple that Tati and Jaclyn Hill have been raving about, and the Maleficent brow pencil in Fling (I think that’s what it’s called).
Has anyone ever bought velvet non-slip hangers from eBay before, how do I choose?
I need it to be December already so that I can be obsessing over what I’m going to buy at Sephora in February, c’monnnnn.
Kristen Bell makes Jimmy Fallon and Ellen Degeneres even BETTER, somehow.
(Finding Dory should come out in 2016, you’re welcome.)
Today I remembered how awesomely talented people can be, and how DeviantArt has great big showcases of them.
Adding almost all the JCrew shirts on this page to my magical shopping cart that never gets checked out.
Love this Sass & Bide skirt and this Stella McCartney jumper and, not in the same outfit, this tunic.
No affiliate links folks, sorry just brain dumping.
My grandma just emailed me the sweetest email from her iPad mini (she’s 78 years old).
Those people that went to Hawaii and Bali are back, yay.
So basically my brain has been a bit all over the place.
My nose is blocked, I think.
I get to sleep in tomorrow.
Two days off.
What’s everyone else been up to??